woensdag 10 april 2013

Indonesia: into dolphins and manatees…


Two weeks and lots of meetings and exhibitions later, we arrived in Indonesia.

After an exhausting exhibition in Jakarta (we made a lot of new leads, hurray!) we could take some time off. We had already decided to take some leisure time in the Thousand Island. The gain was to snorkel and to admire the beautiful beaches. Time to rest and to relax though! Another possibility was to snorkel in Karimun Jawa but that would take us 6 hours by ferry! Over there you can not only snorkel but also swim with sharks. I’d rather didn’t do that ;-)

 

We left for our destination (we didn’t book anything but we were advised to be at the harbour at 7 am and check the ferries) and took a boat for 2,5 hours and took the Cocoa Beach Thousand Islands Dolphin & Manatee Tour. The Thousand Island consists of 110 islands (yes, you are reading this well ;-)). Did you know that 23 are the property of private owners? I will know what to do when I win the lottery! 
When we arrived we took another boat for the Cocoa Beach Thousand Islands Dolphin & Manatee Tour.
I saw lots of dolphin activity and manatees. It was a great experience, we even stopped once and could swim near the dolphins, I had the time of my life!






 




I also found out what they are eating over there: fish, fish and oh did I mention fish already? ;-) There are really lots and lots of fish. If you have a look at the picture, he has caught an eight-kilo mackerel. And that caught is no exception.










After the tour we went for a diving tour. It was marvellous to swim in crystal clears beautiful water with a lot of species to see.

A picture says more than 1,000 words so check these pics out.












 





And then… quality time and chill by the beautiful beach. Palm trees, wide sky, what more could I wish?






 
I love the floating cottages!
 



1 opmerking:

  1. What is the name of the island that you saw manatees? I wanna go there, thx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen